Monday, February 18, 2008

the weather is a-changin'

I left work early today to visit the doctor so I could finally kill whatever has been attacking my immune system for the last 2 1/2 weeks (successful trip, I walked away with no less than three prescriptions). When I walked outside, I commented out loud to no one in particular that it was a really nice day out. It was warm and my car's thermometer agreed. It read 70 when I got in it at the office. By the time I was on 76, it read 67, which was probably slightly more accurate. When I got to Route 1, the clouds were darkening dramatically, almost like a movie. The thermometer still read 67. The clouds were unreal, though. They were incredibly dark with light gray and white wisps highlighting them. As I turned onto Broad Street, it was noticeably cooler and my car's thermometer read 64. I started snapping photos on Broad because the dark clouds were striking against the blue background. By the time I pulled into my driveway, the car was telling me it was 59 degrees out. Unbelievable. In 45 minutes it went from 70 to 59. It never rained, though. It's sunny out at the house.


No comments: