Sunday, March 9, 2008

wine party

Well, I remember the first three wines I had last night.

I had specifically wanted to open the wine I brought, the Lucas & Lewellen 2004 Petite Sirah, first because I really wanted to know what it tasted like. I really enjoyed it. It was quite peppery and the first sip was really hot, but after letting it breath in the glass for an hour (I can't believe I was that patient), it really smoothed out and cooled off. The wine was delicious and I am glad that I have another bottle of it.

The second bottle was a Vina Fanelli 2004 Primitivo. Primitivo is the same grape as Zinfandel. This had a really strong cherry flavor and had a bit of a sour finish. It was also quite good and I enjoyed it.

The third bottle was a Mark West 2006 Pinot Noir and I remember liking it, but I can't remember much else about it, unfortunately. I will actively search out this wine to try again in a more sober state.

The rest of the night was pretty much a blur. I remember the Sangria, which was good and apparently was a really easy recipe. I also remember taking lots of photos (see Flickr) and thinking I was getting super cool shots. I didn't get that many good photos in the end. Ah well, so goes a night of drinking good wine with friends.

Here are the wines in order from first to last. Yes, I actually remembered to take photos of every wine I drank. Impressive, I know.





No comments: